The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] LoadImage in efi_image_probe fails on Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e
2016-04-04, 15:14 (This post was last modified: 2016-04-05 16:56 by SebastianRoth.)
[SOLVED] LoadImage in efi_image_probe fails on Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e
Hi everyone,

we have another odd issue with one of these new devices (see thread subject). We try loading the kernel (version 4.4.x, EFI_STUB enabled!) via ipxe.efi and see this:
[Image: 1459493591647-c1.jpg]

I had the impression that maybe the kernel image got corrupted while transferring it via HTTP so we added imgverify trust check command and now we see this:
[Image: 1459777302441-8.jpg]

From my point of view this boils down to LoadImage call in efi_image_probe (image/efi_image.c) not being able to load that kernel image. So we tried to boot exactly this bzImage on a USB key as \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI and guess what. I boots without an issue.

Has anyone an idea how to further debug this issue? Going to add EFI call debug next to see if we can get more information on where exactly LoadImage fails.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Sebastian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED] LoadImage in efi_image_probe fails on Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e - SebastianRoth - 2016-04-04 15:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)