Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading ipxe.efi with a custom script
2018-08-01, 22:15
RE: Loading ipxe.efi with a custom script
(2018-08-01 20:00)kd4 Wrote:  I am trying to "chain" a ipxe script, but am unable to have success.

I have compiled the ipxe.efi with an "embed" script, the embedded script is meant to launch a more dynamic ipxe script in the ISO.

So - I am trying something like this within the embed script (simulare to the earlier post), trying to launch my ISO based script - which is in the same directory as the ipxe.efi module (launched by "chainloader" in grub2).

Code:
#!ipxe
prompt --key 0x02 --timeout 2000 Press Ctrl-B for the iPXE command line... && shell ||
chain file:script.ipxe

I have also tried the three mentioned
- relative: file:script.ipxe
- hierarchical : file:/efi/boot/script.ipxe
- with volume: file://MYISO/efi/boot/script.ipxe

What is the errors you get? (without having any debug enabled)
You do need to have an open network interface for iPXE to be able to chain anything. This is so it has anything to bind to. (but again which error messages do you get?, and make sure to include any urls that is displayed in that error message)

Not sure if grub makes any magic, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up in a virtual mode, where there simply is no file in the same place.

Another thing to check is that you actually do have a valid FS where the file can be found, the efi shell can be quite useful for this.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loading ipxe.efi with a custom script - NiKiZe - 2018-08-01 22:15

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)