The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FTP protocol problem
2016-12-24, 14:16
FTP protocol problem
Hi everyone ,

I did buy last week a router from assus ( RT-N18U) . Router have gigabit lan and 2 USB ports ( one usb 3.0 port and one usb 2.0 port) . So I conected a usb 3.0 stick to router and configured FTP server so i can acces those files from stick via FTP . I took latest ipxe source from github and recompiled to include FTP suport .I did also embeded a script that contain 2 lines :

dhcp
chain http://ftp.user:password@192.168.2.1/sda/ipxe/menu.ipxe

Then I uploaded the undionly.kpxe to router and configured dnsmask.conf.
FTP server on the router is "" vsftpd - 2.3.4-1 "" .

Now when I started the client to boot this is what happend :

1 . Client did request a IP and boot file from dnsmask .
2. Dnsmask received the request and alocated a dynamic IP to client and give the boot file name .
3. client downloaded the undionly.kpxe file from TFTP and released control to undionly .kpxe
4. undionly.kpxe detected the network card , initialized and then launched the commands from the EMBEDed script .
5 .Client requested IP again from dhcp and then downloaded the menu.ipxe from the ftp server.
6.Menu launched succesfully and downloaded ipxe.png from same ftp server.
7.Then I launched tinycore linux that use next code in the menu.ipxe :

:tinycore
echo Booting Tinycore (With Gui)
set url http://ftp.user:password@192.168.2.1/sda...es/liveiso
initrd ${url}/tinycore/tinycore.iso
chain ${url}/tinycore/memdisk iso || goto failed
goto start

When the ISO image need to be downloaded from ftp server somthing very strange happend . The nr at the end of line that indicate how much % of the file is downloaded in real time go in about 0.001 seconds from 0% to 100% and then everything freez on screen .The file is never downloaded and other lines never executed as a result of this behavior . If i press CTRL+C to abort the download that work and i got an error that is no OS to load and i need to reboot . In order to figure out if ipxe is doing something or is completly frozen , I did started another ftp client and start download something from same ftp server .I noticed that download speed droped from 50 mb/sec to 25% mb/sec on the second download. Its like ipxe is practically using the remaining 25 mb/sec , trying desperatly to download that ISO file but never succeding. I did tested like 15 diff FTP clients with the ftp server and all 15 working fine except ipxe .
I did atached a print screen with the problem below .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
FTP protocol problem - iosif_matei - 2016-12-24 14:16
RE: FTP protocol problem - NiKiZe - 2016-12-25, 19:47
RE: FTP protocol problem - NiKiZe - 2016-12-27, 15:24
RE: FTP protocol problem - NiKiZe - 2016-12-27, 19:31
RE: FTP protocol problem - NiKiZe - 2016-12-27, 20:08
RE: FTP protocol problem - NiKiZe - 2016-12-27, 23:00
RE: FTP protocol problem - NiKiZe - 2016-12-27, 23:22
RE: FTP protocol problem - NiKiZe - 2016-12-29, 12:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)