Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running console command with --keep option -> unable to boot
2017-01-07, 14:19
RE: Running console command with --keep option -> unable to boot
(2017-01-07 13:43)NiKiZe Wrote:  --keep keeps the data in memory and can be reused , however remember that some "next stage" kernels will load all of that data.
You can check this by using imgstat before boot
Thanks for clarifying the issue here. Maybe it would be an idea to put a warning in http://ipxe.org/cmd/console ?
I spent about 6-8 hours swapping out different images, memdisk versions, kernels etc.

(2017-01-07 13:43)NiKiZe Wrote:  However there is lots of things that does work even with this is it is kind of missleading to say that "nothing works" Wink
Fair enough, I didn't mean it like that. I'll edit that.

(2017-01-07 13:43)NiKiZe Wrote:  Oh and never use undionly.kkpxe!, and ipxe.kpxe makes not sense...
only build ipxe.pxe and undionly.kpxe if you are using any of the other ones you will get issues.
As an iPXE noob, I had some trouble figuring out what version to use. So I figured I would just build them all and trail and error my way trough Tongue

I found a couple links with some info but no complete list about which versions you can build:
When to use undionly.kkpxe
When do I use .pxe, .kpxe, and .kkpxe?
Filename Information (most complete I could find)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running console command with --keep option -> unable to boot - Smokey - 2017-01-07 14:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)