Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB devices not working on systems with legacy BIOS
2017-02-15, 18:24
RE: USB devices not working on systems with legacy BIOS
(2017-02-15 08:41)eugenio Wrote:  No, I do not have any patch to send to the ipxe-dev mailing list.
The functions that I talk about in my earlier post are functions written by Mr. Michael Brown. The problem we have is that it seems that the code that releases ownership of the USB host controller is not working.

It could be a failure of the BIOS of the systems we are testing on, or it could be some other reason.

I will debug the EHCI code to see if I could find the root cause for this problem.

Since you seem to have quite good knowledge about how it works, what is going on, and a possible fix. And it also sounds like you have the technical know how to implement a fix, I would suggest that you try to change code and send a patch, witch is quite common practice in the open source community, regardless of who actually wrote the code in the first place. (To be honest I don't think the issue and your suggested fix is more understood then by yourself)

Feel free to join #ipxe on the freenode irc network, maybe we can help you better that way.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: USB devices not working on systems with legacy BIOS - NiKiZe - 2017-02-15 18:24

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)