Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Successful Deployment of a Stateless Desktop...
2012-04-10, 00:53
RE: Successful Deployment of a Stateless Desktop...
The explanation about ibft is really helpful for me to see what the san*-related options actually do.

I found the thread while i was searching for a way to let windows 7 installer recognize the ibft. To me it looks like the table is thrown away, while that installer is getting a new IP via DHCP. And so the installer complains the disc visible ist not bootable because
"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. iSCSI deployment is disabled since no NICs referenced in the iBFT can be resolved to actual NT-visible devices".
The strange thing for me is that i managed before to make it work via a simple keep-san, a sanboot to the target (which was empty) and then to chain the bootloader of the windows installation (pxeboot.0). I could install Windows 7 to the target and actually boot it several times, spread over a few days.

By now i am not able to boot windows 7 anymore, nor able to install it to another target.

For setting up the other environments i sometimes changed my dhcp-server. Is it possible that it somewhat kills the ibft with some option?

Best regards,

Markus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Successful Deployment of a Stateless Desktop... - Markus - 2012-04-10 00:53

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)