Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay! Spammers be gone!
2011-10-08, 16:29
Rainbow Yay! Spammers be gone!
It seems like activating the Akismet plugin really helped in lowering the amount of spam we receive. Let's just hope it stays that way.

We still have a system in place that puts new users into auto-moderation until they've had one post approved. After that they can post as much as they want.

Enjoy the forum!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-11-02, 02:34
RE: Yay! Spammers be gone!
maybe you can install a captcha plugin to post messages

it helped me a lot when i had a forum
Find all posts by this user
2011-11-03, 11:07 (This post was last modified: 2011-11-03 11:16 by robinsmidsrod.)
Actually, the current problem isn't posting, it is actually spam registrations. Adding a better captcha to user registration might help a bit.
2012-06-09, 14:36
(2011-10-08 16:29)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  It seems like activating the Akismet plugin really helped in lowering the amount of spam we receive. Let's just hope it stays that way.

We still have a system in place that puts new users into auto-moderation until they've had one post approved. After that they can post as much as they want.

Enjoy the forum!

is this why the 2 messages i desperately needed answers on yesterday never showed up? why has the moderator not approved them then? how can i contact the moderator to find out? i got into a ton of trouble with my boss for not making my deadline yesterday. are they lost? do i need to repost? it seems they have vanished into the ether. there is no place i can even see them in my account area.

any help on this is appreciated.

Chuck
2012-06-09, 14:38
(2011-10-08 16:29)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  It seems like activating the Akismet plugin really helped in lowering the amount of spam we receive. Let's just hope it stays that way.

Enjoy the forum!

after i try to post there is a box that shows up but vanishes so fast i cannot even get more than the first word. something about administrator. i wish the timeout was longer or a press ok to continue button existed.
2012-06-09, 14:39
this is insane now these messages are not showing up. if i cannot get help then i seriously doubt the quality of the product.
2012-06-10, 02:06
(2011-11-03 11:07)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  Actually, the current problem isn't posting, it is actually spam registrations. Adding a better captcha to user registration might help a bit.

the problem i have seen with some captcha implementations is the text is not 'old eyes' friendly. i find i have to go through sometimes 4 or 5 refreshes for different text before i find one i can make out.
2012-06-11, 16:38 (This post was last modified: 2012-06-11 16:38 by robinsmidsrod.)
iPXE is an Open Source project. If you need commercial support, you can contact the vendor support listed on the contact page of http://ipxe.org/.

We don't have a lot of forum moderators (actually just me), and sometimes it can take some time before messages are moderated. First time posters will have their messages moderated until at least one message is approved by a moderator. This is a volunteer project, and if you feel like contributing, please join up.
2012-06-11, 20:59
(2012-06-09 14:36)gndmstr Wrote:  

Enjoy the forum!

is this why the 2 messages i desperately needed answers on yesterday never showed up? why has the moderator not approved them then? how can i contact the moderator to find out? i got into a ton of trouble with my boss for not making my deadline yesterday. are they lost? do i need to repost? it seems they have vanished into the ether. there is no place i can even see them in my account area.

any help on this is appreciated.

Chuck

Thank you!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)