Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot vhd or any virtual hard disk file through internet
2017-07-26, 19:43
RE: Boot vhd or any virtual hard disk file through internet
iPXE supports iSCSI and so do most operating systems - but you never mentioned which OS you are supporting.

This also seems like a duplicate of existing thread about VHD And I would strongly suggest using the search function, both on the forum and internet Wink

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-26, 19:47
(2017-07-26 19:43)NiKiZe Wrote:  iPXE supports iSCSI and so do most operating systems - but you never mentioned which OS you are supporting.

This also seems like a duplicate of existing thread about VHD And I would strongly suggest using the search function, both on the forum and internet Wink

Thank's for replying, I've used the search function but i might looked for the wrong therms.
Altought we start with Windows but we aim to do the same with Linux and MacOS if possible.
Find all posts by this user
2017-08-03, 19:20
(2017-07-26 19:47)guilherme.lima Wrote:  Altought we start with Windows but we aim to do the same with Linux and MacOS if possible.

As I understand it, .vhd boot can only be from a local filesystem. I would instead suggest using iPXE to do an iSCSI boot http://ipxe.org/howto/wds_iscsi

The root path does not have to be provided via DHCP, it can be generated by an iPXE script, or static in an iPXE script.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)