Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPXE not working as expected.
2017-10-30, 07:38
iPXE not working as expected.
Hello Everyone,

We have an iPXE server that has worked for us for years (in a network of 1000's of hosts and vendors) and never had issues, till we upgraded proxmox to version 5. Now we are unable to boot over the network for automated installs, for any guests on the proxmox cluster.

I searched the forum here and found a few people with similar issues but no work arounds or fixes reported, sorry if i missed one.

it complains there is no such file (undionly.kpxe).

Is there a solution to correct this?

I'm a bit surprised there is a problem as about 100% of our other PXE clients are using Intel's implementation of PXE, I see proxmox using iPXE roms, yet our iPXE server and they don't seem to get along

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/ipxe-not-working-as-expected.37287/

installation video
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-30, 18:13
RE: iPXE not working as expected.
First of just to be clear there is no "iPXE server" PXE is based on a series of protocols, DHCP and TFTP being the most prominent but PXE itself is not a protocol or a server.

You said that you get "it complains there is no such file (undionly.kpxe)." please provide full error message, print screen if possible.

This sounds like your tftp cant find the file, so check that it exists for your tftp server, check your tftp server logs, and if all else fails use tcpdump to figure out what actually is going on.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)