Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ipxe -> pxelinux.0: "No more network devices"
2011-12-05, 13:42
ipxe->pxechain.0: "No more network devices"
I've iPXE (latest) that loads this script:

#!ipxe
chain pxelinux.0

pxelinu.0 come from syslinux 4.04 (latest) and all runs ok... but when I try to load p.e. a kernel and initrd, after loading files screen shows:

Loading url://kernel
Loading url://initrd
No more network devices

After all, kernel boot with normality.

I tested with older versions of syslinux (<4) and all runs ok. Maybe for the old COM32R module format in syslinux 3.x?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-12-07, 10:36
ipxe -> pxelinux.0: "No more network devices"
Hi,

I'm using gpxe/iPXE for a long time and recently I tested the new updated versions to serve some menus using syslinux. I forgot some of iPXE characteristics, sure, because after loading the pxechain.0 all things runs well but I can see a message like: "No more network devices"

After various tests and reading iPXE forums I concluded that the problem could be the new syslinux com32 system modules because with older (<4) syslinux modules all runs ok, but I've curiosity about it.

I boot iPXE with this menu:

#!ipxe
chain pxelinux.0

that loads this menu:

DEFAULT main
PROMPT 0
TIMEOUT 1
LABEL main
kernel menu.c32
append main.mnu

Once main.mnu loaded, this menu loads (in tests )a kernel and initrd and the result is that all loads well but after loading, shows the "No more network devices" and continue with normal booting:
Loading vmlinuz-x ...
Loading initrd-x ....
No more network devices

Thanks for your help and your work.
Find all posts by this user
2011-12-11, 03:36
RE: ipxe -> pxelinux.0: "No more network devices"
(2011-12-07 10:36)jmari Wrote:  I'm using gpxe/iPXE for a long time and recently I tested the new updated versions to serve some menus using syslinux. I forgot some of iPXE characteristics, sure, because after loading the pxechain.0 all things runs well but I can see a message like: "No more network devices"

After various tests and reading iPXE forums I concluded that the problem could be the new syslinux com32 system modules because with older (<4) syslinux modules all runs ok, but I've curiosity about it.

This strange behaviour should be fixed in the latest iPXE build. The relevant commit is http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/9a93db3.

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)