The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with EFI PXE booting and the snponly.efi target
2011-12-19, 16:29
Problem with EFI PXE booting and the snponly.efi target
Hi there, I am trying to PXE boot a Dell PowerEdge r410 machine in EFI mode and am not having much luck. I have compiled the snponly target like this:
Code:
# make bin-x86_64-efi/snponly.efi EMBED=demo.ipxe
  [LD] bin-x86_64-efi/snponly.efi.tmp
  [FINISH] bin-x86_64-efi/snponly.efi

# cat demo.ipxe
#!ipxe
dhcp
shell

And it successfully PXE boots, but it does not appear that the correct features to load linux or anything else (elf, bzimage, etc) are compiled in. Is there any way I can fix this? The ipxe.efi target may or may not have those featues, I can't tell because PXE booting it causes the machine to freeze.

Here is a screenshot of what happens when I PXE boot:

http://imgur.com/ySeCS

Switching the machine to BIOS and using the undionly.kpxe file works great --- apparently the proper features get compiled in automatically -- but unfortunately BIOS mode won't work for my application.

Ultimately I would like ipxe to load a Windows PE environment by chainloading bootmgfw.efi.. but it would be nice to test functionality using something sane like Linux first :-)

Thanks!!

-r
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Problem with EFI PXE booting and the snponly.efi target - rand0m_ - 2011-12-19 16:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)