Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wimboot and uefi-boot
2018-03-23, 23:47
wimboot and uefi-boot
Hello,

I followed the instructions on this page http://ipxe.org/howto/winpe for installing windows 7 on a non-uefi machine and its works flawlessly. Now I tried to adapt this for uefi, but I have a issue with the startup batch file.

My ixpe script
Code:
:win7install
echo Windows 7 Installer wird gestartet
kernel ${boot-url}/wimboot pause
initrd ${boot-url}/installers/install_7.bat                           install.bat
initrd ${boot-url}/installers/winpeshl.ini                            winpeshl.ini
initrd ${boot-url}/_winpe8/${arch}/media/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/BCD       BCD
initrd ${boot-url}/_winpe8/${arch}/media/Boot/boot.sdi                boot.sdi
initrd ${boot-url}/_winpe8/${arch}/media/sources/boot.wim             boot.wim
imgstat
prompt
boot || goto failed
goto start

As you can see I have an install_7.bat on my server with specific commands für the Windows 7 installation. With the initrd funtion it should be renamed to install.bat and then injected on the fly to the WIM. This procedure works well with undionly.kpxe, but fails with ipxe.efi. In the booted winpe the file is still named install_7.bat, so the call from winpeshl.ini doesn't work and the windows setup cannnot be started. Any idea what's wrong?

I would have liked to added some screenshots, but the forum software doesn't let me....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-24, 01:09
RE: wimboot and uefi-boot
For efi you need to add -n (short for --name ) at the begining so you want:
Code:
initrd -n install.bat ${boot-url}/installers/install_7.bat                           install.bat

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-03-24, 01:58
Smile RE: wimboot and uefi-boot
(2018-03-24 01:09)NiKiZe Wrote:  For efi you need to add -n (short for --name ) at the begining so you want:
Code:
initrd -n install.bat ${boot-url}/installers/install_7.bat                           install.bat

thx for the help ... now it works Smile
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)