Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ipxe.efirom booting with HP servers
2019-06-21, 07:09 (This post was last modified: 2019-06-21 07:41 by rahuls551.)
ipxe.efirom booting with HP servers
Hi,

I am working on HP servers with a custom ipxe.efirom. I am observing that during the boot process my option rom get loaded but when its just about to boot the system sometime hangs while enumerating the boot devices.
This is being observed in both legacy and uefi boot modes. I am currently working in legacy mode. This is also happening intermittently so some time it works and some it fails. When it does work my remove function gets called, but when the system hangs i dont see any removes.
I want to know if someone can point out what process calls the driver_remove for me please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2019-06-21, 11:11
RE: ipxe.efirom booting with HP servers
sounds like the normal, something in efi firmware is buggy and refuses to let iPXE release any current users.
But since you are using efirom, that should probably be iPXE itself.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2019-06-21, 17:13
(2019-06-21 11:11)NiKiZe Wrote:  sounds like the normal, something in efi firmware is buggy and refuses to let iPXE release any current users.
Can you tell me which file would be responsible for calling the remove driver in legacy mode.
2019-06-22, 02:56
(2019-06-21 11:11)NiKiZe Wrote:  sounds like the normal, something in efi firmware is buggy and refuses to let iPXE release any current users.

I was also wondering why it would only works sometimes and also i remove my rom then the boot proceeds normally.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)