Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failure to get filename
2012-03-03, 15:41
failure to get filename
I have setup where the dhcp server is the router and the windows server listens to the port 67 and hands out the wdsnbp.com
the problem is that ipxe fails to get the filename. do i have to do that manually by the config command or am i doing something wrong. btw, regular pxe gets the filename just fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-03-04, 22:59
RE: failure to get filename
(2012-03-03 15:41)garegin Wrote:  I have setup where the dhcp server is the router and the windows server listens to the port 67 and hands out the wdsnbp.com
the problem is that ipxe fails to get the filename. do i have to do that manually by the config command or am i doing something wrong. btw, regular pxe gets the filename just fine.

What does iPXE do? Does it get a different filename? Do you see any error message?

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-03-04, 23:10
it says failed to get filename. when you go to config the filename field is empty. i am using the stock iso from the website. the dhcp settings in the config are correct.
2012-03-05, 00:07
(2012-03-04 23:10)garegin Wrote:  it says failed to get filename. when you go to config the filename field is empty. i am using the stock iso from the website. the dhcp settings in the config are correct.

iPXE isn't capable of saying "failed to get filename". What is the exact error message that you see?

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-03-05, 03:10
i am at home now. when i get to work i'll post the exact message.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)