Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP laptop hanging at iPXE initialising devices...
2012-08-26, 06:08
RE: HP laptop hanging at iPXE initialising devices...
Hi everyone just closing this thread, sorry for late reply.

(2012-03-21 08:55)jpwise Wrote:  ndogmail - if you're not in the position to try bisect'ing the git commits i might be able to try it if we get another G42 through the repair workshop - do you know the specific machine p/n of it, i'll check what other models used the same mainboard.

Nowdays iPXE is compiling properly for the HP G42, thanks for the fix.

(2012-03-21 08:55)jpwise Wrote:  that said and slightly de-railing your original request - can you clarify on how you're ipxe booting the macbooks & macbook pros? are you dhcp/bdsp(netboot)'ing them or using a compiled iso on cd/dvd and using that to bootstrap them onto the pxe network? it's a problem i've been looking at periodically aswell and even attempting to do an efi version i still couldn't work around all the issues short of falling back on throwing a cd in to boot. :/

At the moment I am booting using the CD boot + iPXE. At some stage will try recompiling the EFI version of iPXE so I can boot from USB pen. It is slightly not needed anymore, since my original purpose was to boot clonezillla and push an image to a SMB share, since this is all possible from grub within the EFI grub.cfg file. But it would be cool to boot iPXE different ways, either USB pen or netboot method.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP laptop hanging at iPXE initialising devices... - ndogmail - 2012-08-26 06:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)