Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
request compiled efi binaries
2012-03-28, 07:24
RE: request compiled efi binaries
I'd definitely be interested in hearing how you go with it. The last time I looked at it some of the initial hurdles were getting the boot loader to recognise it.
If you rename/copy the file to usb as:
/efi/boot/bootx86.efi - for 32bit
/efi/boot/bootia64.efi - for 64bit

The system should recognise the thumbdisk as a boot option, but I wasn't successful in actually getting it to execute the binary correctly. Also depending on the macs it could be either 32bit or 64bit based. I had better success with getting it to load a grub2 efi binary, but couldn't get it to bootstrap into the iPXE afterwards - from memory it reported zImage not supported for the binary. Also the Mac binaries are apparently universal binaries with 32bit & 64bit combined into one file.

It's been a couple of months since i had a decent crack at it, but it's something I'd like to resolve eventually. From memory I also recall having some issues with keyboard/mouse support after the initial iPXE load since i use a syslinux menu/memdisk method rather than direct load to clonezilla etc.

Once you get past compiling the binaries i'd be happy to colaborate on it time providing to see if it's doable.

Jp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: request compiled efi binaries - jpwise - 2012-03-28 07:24

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)