Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AoE and iso
2012-05-13, 13:31
AoE and iso
can you just mount isos and boot them over the network with AoE? this question has been asked before and the answer is that each OS is specific, so it doesn't work. but i know that as long as the aoe driver is slipstreamed you can do it. but how?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-05-13, 17:57
RE: AoE and iso
(2012-05-13 13:31)garegin Wrote:  can you just mount isos and boot them over the network with AoE? this question has been asked before and the answer is that each OS is specific, so it doesn't work. but i know that as long as the aoe driver is slipstreamed you can do it. but how?

You can definitely boot from an ISO image via AoE. iPXE will always be able to start up the OS held on the ISO. The question is whether or not the loaded OS will itself be able to access the ISO image once iPXE has handed over to the OS.

In most cases, the loaded OS will not be able to use AoE to access the ISO image.

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2012-05-14, 17:51
is there any documented tutorials on this. i know that both linux and windows have AoE drivers. i'm interested in ISO booting, not booting from a remote hdd like shown in demos

(2012-05-13 17:57)mcb30 Wrote:  
(2012-05-13 13:31)garegin Wrote:  can you just mount isos and boot them over the network with AoE? this question has been asked before and the answer is that each OS is specific, so it doesn't work. but i know that as long as the aoe driver is slipstreamed you can do it. but how?

You can definitely boot from an ISO image via AoE. iPXE will always be able to start up the OS held on the ISO. The question is whether or not the loaded OS will itself be able to access the ISO image once iPXE has handed over to the OS.

In most cases, the loaded OS will not be able to use AoE to access the ISO image.

Michael
2012-06-15, 06:19
I have also been trying to do that but mistaking somewhere i guess.A documented tutorial would be of great help.

Bed bug exterminator nyc

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)