Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems booting WinPE iso
2012-08-09, 20:03
RE: Problems booting WinPE iso
I managed to get it working by following a different procedure for making the Windows PE ISO. Instead of following the walkthrough "Creating a bootable CD-ROM", I had to follow the walkthrough "Boot Windows PE from CD-ROM".

From the first walkthrough:

Code:
This walkthrough describes how you can create a bootable Windows® PE RAM disk on CD or DVD. Windows PE RAM enables you to start a computer for the purposes of deployment and recovery. Windows PE RAM boots directly into memory, enabling you to remove the Windows PE media after the computer boots.

And the second one:

Code:
This walkthrough describes how to build a bootable Windows® Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) CD or DVD media from RAM disk. For deployment or recovery, this method enables you to start a computer that has less than 512 megabytes (MB) of memory.

I'm not sure I quite understand the difference, but I guess the first walkthrough creates a bootable cd-rom image that in turn launches the Win PE ramdisk, and the second walkthrough is the actual Win PE ramdisk as an cd-rom image.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Problems booting WinPE iso - nilsga - 2012-08-09, 05:46
RE: Problems booting WinPE iso - nilsga - 2012-08-09 20:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)