Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide/supress/obscure URL when "chaining" to another page (PHP)
2012-12-12, 22:22 (This post was last modified: 2012-12-12 22:24 by Torgeir.)
RE: Hide/supress/obscure URL when "chaining" to another page (PHP)
Hi!

Thanks for taking interest Smile

It looked promising, but did not work. The URL still get printed to screen. Tried with "chain/kernel/initrd", but they probably uses the same "exec" function or something anyway.

I do try to learn some C/C++. Can manage the basics of PHP pretty well (but PHP is too nice to the programmer, compared to C/C++).

Using HTTP auth/ldap I will have to rewrite the way I use iPXE/PHP as an installmenu. Now I use adLDAP to authenticate against AD. And then I do SSH with ldapsearch with these credentials, and something like:
ldapsearch -h dc -b dc=xxx,dc=com samaccountname=$1 | grep "memberOf\|All Users"

To check if authenticated user is member of a specific adGroup that we permit to do "new install/reinstall".

As soon as I get $_REQUEST[pass], I encode, so it does not show up in clear text, because the ldapsearch takes some seconds to complete. iPXE has been configured to do this over HTTPS, so it does not show up in clear text over the network. Chaining between the pages goes so fast, that it does not bother me that it is in clear text, but you can always use "Pause" to see it Smile

So it would be nice it if was doable.

Torgeir
Btw, the file was: src/usr/imgmgmt.c
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hide/supress/obscure URL when "chaining" to another page (PHP) - Torgeir - 2012-12-12 22:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)