Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using configuration settings in iSCSI boot
2013-01-14, 20:32
Using configuration settings in iSCSI boot
I am trying to write a script that uses the "read" or "dhcp" commands to set configuration settings (such as initiator-iqn) and then uses those settings to iSCSI boot. However, all of the examples of sanboot that I can find have the IP address and iqn hardcoded (e.g. sanboot iscsi:10.0.4.1:::1:iqn.2010-04.org.ipxe.dolphin:storage).

Is there a way to either boot using the configuration that has already been set or to feed configuration settings into sanboot?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-01-15, 14:06 (This post was last modified: 2013-01-15 14:06 by robinsmidsrod.)
RE: Using configuration settings in iSCSI boot
Have you seen how I combine the base-iscsi variable at the start of menu.ipxe in https://gist.github.com/2234639 ?

You can easily use the "read" command to ask for that value instead of hard-coding it in the script. Something like this might be what you need (untested):

Code:
#!ipxe
echo Type in the IPv4 address for you iSCSI server
read iscsi-server

echo Type in the name part of your iSCSI target IQN
read iscsi-target

set iscsi-target-iqn iqn.2011-02.lan.smidsrod:${iscsi-target}
set iscsi-url iscsi:${iscsi-server}::::${iscsi-target-iqn}
sanboot ${iscsi-url}
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2013-01-30, 13:59
RE: Using configuration settings in iSCSI boot
(2013-01-15 14:06)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  Have you seen how I combine the base-iscsi variable at the start of menu.ipxe in https://gist.github.com/2234639 ?

You can easily use the "read" command to ask for that value instead of hard-coding it in the script. Something like this might be what you need (untested):

Code:
#!ipxe
echo Type in the IPv4 address for you iSCSI server
read iscsi-server

echo Type in the name part of your iSCSI target IQN
read iscsi-target

set iscsi-target-iqn iqn.2011-02.lan.smidsrod:${iscsi-target}
set iscsi-url iscsi:${iscsi-server}::::${iscsi-target-iqn}
sanboot ${iscsi-url}

Thank you for the help! I did not realize that variables/settings needed to be surrounded by ${ }.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)