The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comstar iSCSI read error
2013-02-12, 02:58
Comstar iSCSI read error
Hello,

I'm trying to set up a diskless server for multiple linux distributions. My back end storage is nexentastor which uses the comstar iscsi target along with zfs (from my understanding it's basically just like opensolaris 11).

Basically, I made a 200GB zvol which I exported via iscsi and loaded centos on via the advanced storage feature in the centos installer. I also tried a gentoo install without success.

My head node is linux which runs dhcp/tftp and serves the undionly.ipxe file. I can load up this file but I try to boot into the iscsi target via direct ethernet connection and I get:

iPXE> sanboot iscsi:10.0.0.3::::<iscsi target>
Registered SAN device 0x80
Booting from SAN device 0x80
Read Error

Huh

I also tried sanhook and then the --drive 0x80 along with
various other permutations.

I've also tried importing the comstar iscsi target into the linux machine with iscsiadm and then just exporting the device via tgtadm. That too I get this error.

Has anyone encountered this or have any insight as to the issue at hand? I don't get a nice error with a url. If it helps, I'm using virutalbox as my client at the moment and I can import the iscsi disc with virtualbox as a local disc and then boot up (if I do the solaris comstar -> linux tgtadm setup).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Comstar iSCSI read error - plindbe2 - 2013-02-12 02:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)