Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comstar iSCSI read error
2013-02-12, 08:30
RE: Comstar iSCSI read error
You might have a problem with the ACLs on that volume. Look carefully at the outputs of the various itadm and stfmadm commands. I believe the initiator-iqn of ipxe is not getting access to the volume. I like to use the Windows iSCSI Initiator to help me figure out if I can connect or not. Once you've got things working with that one I just ensure the other initiator IQNs are given the same access as the windows one.

You might also be interested in my https://github.com/robinsmidsrod/comstar-soho-helper scripts which makes it easy to create volumes in a typical home setup (where you control the entire network). The scripts should also give you a better understanding of how the different parts of COMSTAR interact with each other. It took me quite some time to figure it all out.

I use Nexenta Core Platform (NCP) 3.0, so it's old and no longer maintained, I believe. NexentaStor is slightly different in the administrative realm, but hopefully close enough. I've been planning to move to OpenIndiana for some time, but I never find time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Comstar iSCSI read error - plindbe2 - 2013-02-12, 02:58
RE: Comstar iSCSI read error - robinsmidsrod - 2013-02-12 08:30

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)