Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iscsi boot to netapp
2013-04-03, 21:58 (This post was last modified: 2013-04-03 21:58 by robinsmidsrod.)
RE: iscsi boot to netapp
The common way to verify if things work is to use an iSCSI client like the Windows Software iSCSI initiator and try to attach your target from it. If you can run that on the same machine that you normally network boot, it's even better. But since you say you don't use any ACLs in your setup, it should work from any computer, as long as it is connected to the same physical network as the iSCSI target server and communication between them is not impaired.

If you test with e.g. the Windows client, you could also try to set the initiator IQN to the one iPXE uses, just to make sure everything is the same (except for the software). If that still doesn't work, and you can't increase debugging on the netapp side, then a packet trace is the only useful option to get some more information on the subject matter.

And just for the record: I'm not at all familiar with NetApp hardware or how they are configured for iSCSI. I'm just responding with knowledge about what I know about iSCSI in general.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
iscsi boot to netapp - topspincharlie - 2013-04-02, 17:25
RE: iscsi boot to netapp - robinsmidsrod - 2013-04-03 21:58
RE: iscsi boot to netapp - ArneLovius - 2013-04-05, 23:46

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)