Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi attach sanboot AoE, is that possible?
2013-05-26, 17:16
Multi attach sanboot AoE, is that possible?
I'm running Ubuntu Server 12.04 as AoE Target for WinXP diskless system.
Using isc-dhcp-Server & tftp-hpa. Everything is running well, with only 1 drive on WinXP as Drive C from aoe0.0.

Now, I want to add 1 drive as Drive D on WinXP. So I make aoe0.1 for this.
And I running config like this:

sanhook --drive 0x81 aoe:e0.1
sanboot --no-describe --drive 0x80 aoe:e0.0

But nothing happen.
Is what i do is the right way??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-05-26, 17:32
RE: Multi attach sanboot AoE, is that possible?
No, you don't need to do anything with your iPXE configuration to make this work. You'll need to put something in your boot-up scripts in WinXP that instructs the AoE driver in WinXP to connect the other drive during bootup. You'll need to use autostart.cmd or whatever "autoexec.bat" is called for WinXP (can't really remember). If you're using sanbootconf and the AoE driver in there, look at the cmdline utilities and how they operate.

Also, iPXE only supports one device in the iBFT, so you wouldn't be able to make it work without programming skills.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2013-05-27, 06:43
(2013-05-26 17:32)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  No, you don't need to do anything with your iPXE configuration to make this work. You'll need to put something in your boot-up scripts in WinXP that instructs the AoE driver in WinXP to connect the other drive during bootup. You'll need to use autostart.cmd or whatever "autoexec.bat" is called for WinXP (can't really remember). If you're using sanbootconf and the AoE driver in there, look at the cmdline utilities and how they operate.

Also, iPXE only supports one device in the iBFT, so you wouldn't be able to make it work without programming skills.

Thanks for your info. I'll inform if already solved it.
2013-05-31, 11:21
(2013-05-26 17:32)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  No, you don't need to do anything with your iPXE configuration to make this work. You'll need to put something in your boot-up scripts in WinXP that instructs the AoE driver in WinXP to connect the other drive during bootup. You'll need to use autostart.cmd or whatever "autoexec.bat" is called for WinXP (can't really remember). If you're using sanbootconf and the AoE driver in there, look at the cmdline utilities and how they operate.

FYI, I'm not using sanbootconf.
I can mount it with add command "aoe.exe mount" at windows registry.
My computer\hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)