Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP Gen8 fail to boot winpe by ipxe
2013-11-15, 09:11
RE: HP Gen8 fail to boot winpe by ipxe: Enter bootmgr.exe with parameters at 0x240b4
(2013-11-14 11:50)mcb30 Wrote:  
(2013-11-13 03:18)zhang_liang Wrote:  It's not the missing font caused this problem, in fact I make taht HP Gen7 server boot winpe successfully, but it failed for HP Gen8.

You will probably need to update the BCD to enable Windows kernel debugging, and use windbg to find out what is happening. (Hopefully the problem occurs after the Windows kernel starts up; if not then you may also need to enable debugging of bootmgr.exe as well.)

Michael
Thank you for the reply, michael. I do appreciated it.
Because I'm not farmilar with windbg, it will take me sometime to debug as you suggested. Or could you please introduce some tutorials about how to debug in this kind of situation?

By the way, I'm thinking about a workaroud for this issue. Is it possible to use ipxe to boot another kind of bootloader(eg: grub4dos) and use this bootloader to boot winpe from lan? It may sound wired, but is that possible? We need ipxe because it's flexable to boot different OS images, at the same time we hope to sovle this issue as soon as possible.

Is there any other suggestions? Anyone is welcome. Thank you very much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Gen8 fail to boot winpe by ipxe: Enter bootmgr.exe with parameters at 0x240b4 - zhang_liang - 2013-11-15 09:11

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)