Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished.
2014-03-14, 04:03
redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished.
I use the pxe and kickstart to install AIX OS automatically. And here i got a problem, hope somebody could help me out or give me a hint.

After finishing OS installation, the server still boot from network, and loop the installation infinite loop.

Is there any hint to prevent such situation without changing boot order manually ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-04-02, 19:57
RE: redirect to hark-disk boot after the installation finished.
Have your pxe bootmenu boot local harddrive as default. If/when install, you choose "install".
Or something like that...

--Torgeir
2014-05-19, 12:28 (This post was last modified: 2014-05-21 17:43 by HongLemleys.)
(2014-03-14 04:03)papertigerv5 Wrote:  I use the pxe and kickstart to install solar panels automatically. And here i got a problem, hope somebody could help me out or give me a hint.

After finishing OS installation, the server still boot from network, and loop the installation infinite loop.

Is there any hint to prevent such situation without changing boot order manually ?

Were you able to find the right solution..I have been facing similar boot issue so can you provide some information?
2014-05-19, 14:51
Torgeir just explained it - tell it to boot from network first, and local boot second, and then make the default behavior of the network boot be just a simple exit after a timeout, with option to do something else.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)