The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] PXELinux + Wimboot + MS-RIS -> BUG?
2014-04-01, 08:44 (This post was last modified: 2014-04-01 14:01 by KingBonecrusher.)
[SOLVED] PXELinux + Wimboot + MS-RIS -> BUG?
Hi!

I think there is a "BUG" in wimboot. Iam using the same files of pxelinux on a windows based server and on an linux based server. On the linux system wimboot loads everything without any problem, on the windows system it fails with missing bootmgr.exe. After a lot of troubleshooting it could only be the slash and blackslash problem.

Code:
LABEL wimbootpe
menu label WindowsPE
    COM32  pxelinux.cfg\modules\linux.c32
    APPEND pxelinux.cfg\images\loader\wimboot initrdfile=pxelinux.cfg\images\winpe\bootmgr,pxelinux.cfg\images\winpe\bcd,pxeli​nux.cfg\images\winpe\boot.sdi,pxelinux.cfg\images\winpe\boot.wim

This fails to boot on the windows system with missing "bootmgr.exe"! But all files are loaded into memory correctly.

[Image: m4rx794me3t6.jpg]

Code:
LABEL wimbootpe
menu label WindowsPE
    COM32  pxelinux.cfg/modules/linux.c32
    APPEND pxelinux.cfg/images/loader/wimboot initrdfile=pxelinux.cfg/images/winpe/bootmgr,pxelinux.cfg/images/winpe/bcd,pxelinux.cfg/images/winpe/boot.sdi,pxelinux.cfg/images/winpe/boot.wim

Same code with slashes works on the linux system.

I have done a cpio by hand with all necessary files and voila it boots also on the Windows Server. So i think there is a problem with parsing "\"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED] PXELinux + Wimboot + MS-RIS -> BUG? - KingBonecrusher - 2014-04-01 08:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)