Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sanboot iscsi fails. Any idea why?
2014-06-21, 08:21
RE: sanboot iscsi fails. Any idea why?
You've cracked it! There was iscsi activity so I focussed instead on the partition image that I created.

The method I was using was to to image the drive, and then expand the partition to fill the iscsi target being presented. I then did a partition to partition copy.
This led to the boot process locking, with the last thing being seen was the iPXE message stating that it was attempting to san boot from the target.

I reimaged the drive but left out the partition to partition copy as a test. It booted into XP - Success! I still have a couple of issues. Minor but annoying.
1) The booted drive is the same size as the original. I'd like to be able to expand it to fill the iscsi target somehow.
2) booted drive now appears as drive D, with the original disk still being loaded as drive C - suspect I need to disconnect the original drive for the iSCSI target to appear as C:

I realise that these issues are with the Windows boot rather than the iPXE code, and are therefore out of scope for this forum. That being said, if anybody has any helpful suggestions I'd be most appreciative. You've been great so far!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: sanboot iscsi fails. Any idea why? - ingestre - 2014-06-21 08:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)