Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPXE cannot do dhcp with: Could not configure net0
2014-10-13, 13:19
iPXE cannot do dhcp with: Could not configure net0
Hello,

I tried to build ipxe latest and tried to embed ipxe with the ipxe script to avoid using cached from PXE boot,

I used in script

set cached 0
dhcp net0

I am building and using undionly.kkpxe

However, iPXE cannot do dhcp successfully with the error: Could not configure net0, Connection timed out.

When I remove "dhcp net0", it can work.

I tried to debug my issue. In function undinet_poll in udinet.c, it can go to the while(1) loop, but it I did not see it go to PXENV_UNDI_ISR_OUT_RECEIVE to receive package. It just goes PXENV_UNDI_ISR_OUT_DONE. I do not know why iPXE cannot receive the DHCP packages from server as I see the sever has replied.

Could you please help me to understand why undinet_poll just goes to PXENV_UNDI_ISR_OUT_DONE instead of PXENV_UNDI_ISR_OUT_RECEIVE to receive package? it never goes to that and no any errors printed out in the console.

Thanks a lot,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-10-22, 17:07
RE: iPXE cannot do dhcp with: Could not configure net0
I have seen issues with DHCP timing out on both the initial DHCP request as well as with the 2nd request, which you appear to be describing. In both cases I have found that more often than not this is an issue relating to Spanning Tree (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanning_Tree_Protocol). Try turning off STP on the port that the machine is connected to. You can enable PortFast if your device supports that feature, which will have the same effect.
2014-12-03, 15:21
Just for reference, the code set cached 0 has no effect on the dhcp command. As of a recent 2014 commit, the dhcp command will always request a new lease from the dhcp server. If you want to use the same feature that was previously supported by set use-cached 1, you only need to use ifopen instead of dhcp to open the interface. The previous IP from the chainload will already be set on the interface.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-03-04, 23:42
(2014-12-03 15:21)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  Just for reference, the code set cached 0 has no effect on the dhcp command. As of a recent 2014 commit, the dhcp command will always request a new lease from the dhcp server. If you want to use the same feature that was previously supported by set use-cached 1, you only need to use ifopen instead of dhcp to open the interface. The previous IP from the chainload will already be set on the interface.

Hello, can you please tell me, in easy terms, how to fix this problem ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)