Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinPe Iscsi an error
2014-12-11, 12:45 (This post was last modified: 2014-12-15 16:18 by robinsmidsrod.)
RE: WinPe Iscsi an error
(2014-12-09 14:32)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  As mentioned on IRC, the iscsi boot and msiscsi services are different services. You shouldn't need to start the msiscsi service in WinPE to have the sanhooked iscsi volume show up in diskpart. If you need to do that you won't be able to install windows to it, as the windows installer won't detect it as bootable.

Most likely you need to specify "set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0" before the sanhook line in your ipxe script to avoid the gateway route-back issue.
Hi all again, and thanks again for the help I will tell how I was able to solve my problem. robinsmidsrod rightly sent me. What to do specifically added service MSISCSI in WINPE is not necessary step. As I explained to connect ISCSI disk is completely unnecessary.
I changed the look of their #!ipxe and I got

#!ipxe
set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0
kernel wimboot
initrd boot/bcd BCD
initrd boot/boot.sdi boot.sdi
initrd sources/boot.wim boot.wim
boot

After this change, I could see ISCSI disk connected to WINPE using Diskpart further I map a network drive with the installation disc setup.exe and then no problem, I was able to install Windows.

After you install Windows again I had to change the #!ipxe I was advised to leave it only the following lines
#!ipxe
set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0
sanboot ${root-path}

But for some reason, for me it did not work so I deleted all the lines in the #!ipxe and leave it blank. The next time you load, it is Windows, I passed on the command line ipxe (CTRL + B) and there wrote

set net0/gateway 0.0.0.0
autoboot

After that, the virtual machine starts : P

I want to say a huge thank you to all developers are IPXE and individually thank robinsmidsrod who quickly helped me to understand my mistakes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
WinPe Iscsi an error - Gruvz - 2014-12-09, 12:58
RE: WinPe Iscsi an error - Gruvz - 2014-12-11 12:45

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)