Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinPe Iscsi an error
2014-12-09, 12:58
WinPe Iscsi an error
Hi All, I apologize for my English but I do not know who else can I find the information I needed
I was trying to do and how I did it :

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a virtual machine Hyper-v 3.0
[/i]
What I did :

1. Create a virtual machine of the first generation in Hyper-V
2. In the virtual machine I removed the "Network Adapter" and instead said "legacy network adapter" it was done because of the synthetic adapter is he did not want to run ipxe.iso
3. A set a static MAC address on a virtual machine
4. On the DHCP server, I added a virtual machine in the reservation
5. I added the parameters 17 and 67:
  17 - iscsi: 192.168.2.20 :::: iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: wds-old-target
  67 - http: //wsus/test/boot.ipx

6. On the IIS server I have made all the necessary actions as described in the documentation site

7. File boot.ipx has settings:

#! ipxe

kernel wimboot
initrd boot / bcd BCD
initrd boot / boot.sdi boot.sdi
initrd sources / boot.wim boot.wim
boot

What's going on.
1. After the inclusion of the virtual machine with a virtual disk drive inserted in ipxe.iso machine gets a DHCP I'm sure that everything is in order
2. Virtual Machine Registered SAN device 0x80
3. Starts winpe I enter net start msiscsi switched service
4. I enter iscsicpl and see what ISCSI disk in a state of "reducing a compound of" nothing more is not going to happen
5. If I type ipconfig / all I see that all the parameters are obtained and I can ping the server ISCSI target

If I turn on the server on which the ISCSI target in the magazine, I see the error:

Source: ISCSITarger-Service Event ID 40
Error Description: An incoming connection request is rejected. The operation failed, error code: 3221225997. reset the connection of transport.

Then I tried the following:
I took another 1 server ISCSI target (Synology RS812) have IQN server 17 parameter DHCP.

Then get the next.
The virtual machine is launched ipxe.iso joined the ISCSI (Synology RS812) Then I started service in WINPE ISCSI and launched in ISCSICPL initiator I have another server ISCSI target after which he calmly to connect to it and I could see the DISKPART mapped drive, but still when installing WIndows 7 tells me that she does not have drivers that would determine the hard disk on which it will be installed.

I do not know which way the need to dig that would solve your problem.
Please tell me what to do.
And there is also a huge, please describe in detail how to record ipxe to USB and CD and even for the user who is on the site, I can not understand because study of Windows Server and Linux do not know
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-12-09, 14:32
RE: WinPe Iscsi an error
As mentioned on IRC, the iscsi boot and msiscsi services are different services. You shouldn't need to start the msiscsi service in WinPE to have the sanhooked iscsi volume show up in diskpart. If you need to do that you won't be able to install windows to it, as the windows installer won't detect it as bootable.

Most likely you need to specify "set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0" before the sanhook line in your ipxe script to avoid the gateway route-back issue.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2014-12-11, 12:45 (This post was last modified: 2014-12-15 16:18 by robinsmidsrod.)
(2014-12-09 14:32)robinsmidsrod Wrote:  As mentioned on IRC, the iscsi boot and msiscsi services are different services. You shouldn't need to start the msiscsi service in WinPE to have the sanhooked iscsi volume show up in diskpart. If you need to do that you won't be able to install windows to it, as the windows installer won't detect it as bootable.

Most likely you need to specify "set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0" before the sanhook line in your ipxe script to avoid the gateway route-back issue.
Hi all again, and thanks again for the help I will tell how I was able to solve my problem. robinsmidsrod rightly sent me. What to do specifically added service MSISCSI in WINPE is not necessary step. As I explained to connect ISCSI disk is completely unnecessary.
I changed the look of their #!ipxe and I got

#!ipxe
set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0
kernel wimboot
initrd boot/bcd BCD
initrd boot/boot.sdi boot.sdi
initrd sources/boot.wim boot.wim
boot

After this change, I could see ISCSI disk connected to WINPE using Diskpart further I map a network drive with the installation disc setup.exe and then no problem, I was able to install Windows.

After you install Windows again I had to change the #!ipxe I was advised to leave it only the following lines
#!ipxe
set netX/gateway 0.0.0.0
sanboot ${root-path}

But for some reason, for me it did not work so I deleted all the lines in the #!ipxe and leave it blank. The next time you load, it is Windows, I passed on the command line ipxe (CTRL + B) and there wrote

set net0/gateway 0.0.0.0
autoboot

After that, the virtual machine starts : P

I want to say a huge thank you to all developers are IPXE and individually thank robinsmidsrod who quickly helped me to understand my mistakes.
Find all posts by this user
2014-12-15, 16:20
Glad you got it to work. I've edited your post to remove the extra spaces you had in the script examples so that they actually work (in case someone finds this info via a search engine).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)