Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ipxe wireless
2015-05-07, 11:08
ipxe wireless
Hai,
Could you help me? I was trying to boot wireless with ipxe. I have a small foot print xp of 150 mb which I currently boot using iscsi vhd and ipxe in ram. Plz let know the WiFi land card supported by ipxe by default. As I am not expert, cannot add driver as ipxe webpage instructs. Simply want to add ipxe supported WiFi card and boot easily.

Some website says bios should support and Capable of providing usb to lan dongle as boot device. And ipxe people say it doesnt have USB support.

Can I boot ipxe with pen drive and try to detect the WiFi card. Is it possible? Will it detect?

Supported wireless cards plz...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-05-07, 17:11
RE: ipxe wireless
(2015-05-07 11:08)pazhanii Wrote:  Could you help me? I was trying to boot wireless with ipxe. I have a small foot print xp of 150 mb which I currently boot using iscsi vhd and ipxe in ram. Plz let know the WiFi land card supported by ipxe by default. As I am not expert, cannot add driver as ipxe webpage instructs. Simply want to add ipxe supported WiFi card and boot easily.

Some website says bios should support and Capable of providing usb to lan dongle as boot device. And ipxe people say it doesnt have USB support.

Can I boot ipxe with pen drive and try to detect the WiFi card. Is it possible? Will it detect?

You can try booting http://boot.ipxe.org/ipxe.usb as a USB key image. Note that this is a raw disk image: you need to use dd or rawrite.exe or similar to transfer it to the USB key, and it will erase all existing data on the USB key.

iPXE does now have support for several wired USB NICs.

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-05-08, 02:53 (This post was last modified: 2015-05-08 02:56 by pazhanii.)
RE: ipxe wireless
Michael,
Plz let know the model or chip which ipxe supports. And also the wireless model chip or make it supports. Even if its a old model WiFi or USB to plan dongle its OK. I read ipxe supports three different chips of WiFi and USB to land dongle. But don't know which model. Plz help me.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)