(2015-05-21 20:40)nixer Wrote:  [HOSTCC] util/zbin
util/zbin.c:7:18: fatal error: lzma.h: No such file or directory
#include <lzma.h>
^
compilation terminated.
Makefile.housekeeping:1294: recipe for target 'util/zbin' failed
make: *** [util/zbin] Error 1
-end quote

I have all the required dependencies installed and I am trying to run this on a debian jessie install. I have found a few posts about this error from 2012 and it was noted to amend the make command with NO_WERROR=1 but this does not change the result. It still fails.

You are most likely missing the liblzma-dev dependency,
it was added in commit 5350b dated 21 Feb 2015, so I wonder which post you have found about that issue in 2012 ? Wink

(2015-05-21 20:40)nixer Wrote:  Need to do - On another corporate network, I need to use a usb device to point the boot information to a specific ip address on a LAN (and/or WAN), because I will not have access to the router or the dhcp server. Can this be done with iPXE? From reading, and more reading, it seems like it would be easy but I am having no luck at all.

You can use ipxe with an Embeded script that for example uses dhcp and then chains to any script you wish.

(2015-05-21 20:40)nixer Wrote:  What I have done - I have successfully created a usb boot device with grub installed, and I can boot the ipxe.iso file from it. But from there I am brain locked and can't get past this.

Hmm using grub to load an iso sounds wrong, especially since you have ipxe.lkrn

(2015-05-21 20:40)nixer Wrote:  Any help with the error message above and/or a way around this to make it work would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Hoping that installing the liblzma dependency gets you at least part of the way.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
zlib error - nixer - 2015-05-21, 20:40
RE: zlib error - NiKiZe - 2015-06-02 23:43

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)