Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SOLVED] Problem Flashing with BOOTUTILW64E [FLB File]
2017-11-08, 17:59
RE: [SOLVED] Problem Flashing with BOOTUTILW64E [FLB File]
(2016-12-30 08:42)jgarr Wrote:  I know it has been a while but any update on automating this. It appears the new versions of bootutil don't accept .rom images and creating the .flb with the header + mrom seems very error prone.

I just tried doing this on my system and ran into 2 problems.

1) backing up the nic's .flb and .nic files was "unsupported" according to bootutil
2) After creating the .flb file and attempting to flash the rom bootutil just hangs. I'm not sure if it's working or broken yet.

Would be great if the wiki could be updated and hopefully a make target for .flb files for intel nics.

I know that it has been awhile since this topic has been looked at, but as it is the first result when you search for some of these errors, I thought I would share my experiences.

I also was getting the same errors and jgarr and found that the dos utility in FreeDOS was unable to do anything with the NICs in one of my machines. I was unable to saveimage the ROM (Unsupported) nor was I able to flash the ROM. However if you boot into the EFI shell and then use the x64-EFI version of bootutil from the current preboot.exe from INTEL, everything works as expected.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SOLVED] Problem Flashing with BOOTUTILW64E [FLB File] - delf - 2017-11-08 17:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)