Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wimboot stops booting from UEFI Syslinux
2015-10-16, 08:52
Wimboot stops booting from UEFI Syslinux
Hi there

Wonder if you could help me. I have wimboot working under bios mode, but would like to get this working under uefi. It get as far as "Encapsulating LitetouchPE_x64.wim" but does nothing from there.

my config under syslinux 6.03 is as follows

com32 linux.c32
append wimboot initrdfile=bootmgr.efi,boot/BCD,boot.sdi,LitetouchPE_x64.win

I'm using the latest wimboot 2.5.1 and I’ve added the rawbcd and gui options as well.

If there is any more info you require or I’ve left it out please ask me.

many thanks

Shrubies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-10-22, 00:58
RE: Wimboot stops booting from UEFI Syslinux
(2015-10-16 08:52)shrubies Wrote:  Wonder if you could help me. I have wimboot working under bios mode, but would like to get this working under uefi. It get as far as "Encapsulating LitetouchPE_x64.wim" but does nothing from there.

my config under syslinux 6.03 is as follows

com32 linux.c32
append wimboot initrdfile=bootmgr.efi,boot/BCD,boot.sdi,LitetouchPE_x64.win

I'm using the latest wimboot 2.5.1 and I’ve added the rawbcd and gui options as well.

If there is any more info you require or I’ve left it out please ask me.

Please start by using iPXE to load wimboot, BCD, etc directly, rather than going through syslinux.

Also, you almost certainly don't want "rawbcd" for UEFI; the whole point of the BCD-modifying code in wimboot is to allow the BCD file to be updated on the fly to be compatible with UEFI boot.

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-10-22, 07:41
Michael

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we are running a syslinux environment for all our other installation, but is it possible to go from iPXE to syslinux in uefi mode. If it is code you point me to where I could find an example as I have tried the chain loading and it does not work under Uefi.

many thanks

Jonathan.
2015-10-22, 09:14
(2015-10-22 07:41)shrubies Wrote:  Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we are running a syslinux environment for all our other installation, but is it possible to go from iPXE to syslinux in uefi mode. If it is code you point me to where I could find an example as I have tried the chain loading and it does not work under Uefi.

As far as I am aware, UEFI syslinux does not support loading wimboot. You will have to use iPXE directly for UEFI.

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2015-11-03, 18:31
(2015-10-22 09:14)mcb30 Wrote:  
(2015-10-22 07:41)shrubies Wrote:  Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we are running a syslinux environment for all our other installation, but is it possible to go from iPXE to syslinux in uefi mode. If it is code you point me to where I could find an example as I have tried the chain loading and it does not work under Uefi.

As far as I am aware, UEFI syslinux does not support loading wimboot. You will have to use iPXE directly for UEFI.

Michael
Grub2 support to boot WinPE (under UEFI) with wimboot ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)