Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPXE on DELL 7010 in UEFI mode
2016-02-06, 01:57
RE: iPXE on DELL 7010 in UEFI mode
(2016-02-04 14:19)mcb30 Wrote:  Which iPXE binary are you using? The error messages you quoted seem to be relevant to snponly.efi. You later mention that it worked on another machine (with the same NIC) using ipxe.efi. Have you tried ipxe.efi on the problematic machine?

Also, which git commit of iPXE are you using?

Has been a while so I don't remember all the details anymore. But from what we discussed in the FOG forums here (valuable information on the most current pages 1-3) I am pretty sure that we always used ipxe.efi - actually I think it was the same binary which works on Fujitsu ESPRIMO P910 E85+ but causes the issue on DELL OptiPlex 7010 both having the "same" NIC.

As well interesting is that using intel.efi didn't work on the OptiPlex either. Compiled with DEBUG=intel,netdevice,device,pci it hanged on "iPXE initialising devices...Adding EFI root bus". That's it, nothing more.

We used current git version from that date - which was around the 19th of November 2015. Sorry but I cannot say for sure which commit this was. Maybe 309c58824fc75a931cf3c25268abdb35870ce8f0 but I cannot tell for sure.

Sorry about the ragged and missing information. There were too many other things happening and we just didn't get to follow a clean path to test this. But I know almost for sure that we tested the same ipxe.efi binary on both machines (same NIC, UEFI enabled). So I am wondering if anyone else has tried ipxe UEFI boot with Intel 82579LM NICs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: iPXE on DELL 7010 in UEFI mode - SebastianRoth - 2016-02-06 01:57

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)