Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WinPE Booting multiple operating systems
2016-09-04, 08:45
WinPE Booting multiple operating systems
Hi, there. I'm trying to build a custom Pxeboot menu with a few utilities that I use frequently, I uploaded most of them already and they are working. I would like to add Windows 7 , 8.1 and 10 installations to WinPe, I was following this guide http://ipxe.org/howto/winpe , but have a question about the startup batch file - which is, is it possible that I could write it once for each operating system, so I don't have to type the net use command every time I boot ( This is going to be used multiple times every day and it would save me a lot of time ). What I'm aiming for is to create a menu like "Windows 10 x86" , "Windows 7 x64" etc. and when an option is chosen I'd like it to boot directly as it was booting from a USB. I would eventually like to do the same for UEFI boot as well. If anyone here could point me in the right direction, post a link of a guide or something. I don't have any programming knowledge, but I think I follow steps quite good. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need any information on the setup.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-09-04, 21:25
RE: WinPE Booting multiple operating systems
you can modify (or add) the "startnet.cmd" file in the winpe image (do a internet search for startnet.cmd for lots of examples)

it is possible to use choice and other cmd things, or even running a .vbs script or similar instead or write your own program to display the menu.

I use a script that grabs the mac of the nic and posts that with wget to get a "next stage" cmd file dynamically, that way I can do settings in the ipxe menu which the winpe script then makes use of.
unfortunately it is currently not in a state which make it possible to share.

Please ask if anything is unclear or if you need further assistance.

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)