The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading binary network driver
2016-09-15, 04:48
Loading binary network driver
I would like to use iPXE instead of the stock boot binaries provided for my Jaguarboard. The way I have been booting until now is to follow the Jaguarboard instructions, which load an American Megatrends 5.8 EFI shell, then I type "fs1:" and "load RtkUsbUndiDxe.efi" to load a binary Realtek ethernet driver, and then I type "ipxe.efi" to proceed with a regular network boot. It's painful because I have to type those commands on every reboot.

Is it possible to mimic this with an iPXE image? If I could embed the RtkUsbUndiDxe.efi driver image in a bootable EFI then that would be great. Or if I could embed a script that chainloads RtkUsbUndiDxe.efi before a regular network boot, then that would be great too. My attempts have failed to embed a script. The command "chain RtkUsbUndiDxe.efi" interprets the filename as a URL, which it can't load because it has no ethernet driver yet. The command "sanboot" can't locate a single file within a partition, and that command expects a bootable image anyway.

I'm open to any suggestions that would allow my Jaguardboard with its r8152 driver to netboot successfully. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Loading binary network driver - chadparry - 2016-09-15 04:48

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)