Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading ipxe.efi with a custom script
2018-08-01, 20:00 (This post was last modified: 2018-08-01 22:09 by NiKiZe.)
RE: Loading ipxe.efi with a custom script
Folks,

I know this is a realitily old post, but I am on the same topic... I am trying to "chain" a ipxe script, but am unable to have success.

I have compiled the ipxe.efi with an "embed" script, the embedded script is meant to launch a more dynamic ipxe script in the ISO.

So - I am trying something like this within the embed script (simulare to the earlier post), trying to launch my ISO based script - which is in the same directory as the ipxe.efi module (launched by "chainloader" in grub2).

Code:
#!ipxe
prompt --key 0x02 --timeout 2000 Press Ctrl-B for the iPXE command line... && shell ||
chain file:script.ipxe

I have also tried the three mentioned
- relative: file:script.ipxe
- hierarchical : file:/efi/boot/script.ipxe
- with volume: file://MYISO/efi/boot/script.ipxe

Along with other variations.... no luck. With a debug flag turned on for the efi module when recompiled, I get this type of message:

iPXE> chain file:script.ipxe
LOCAL 0x77287d68 could not open filesystem on PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1D,0x0)/USB(0x0,0x0)/USB(0x0,0x0):
Error 0x7f4de083 (http://ipxe.org/7f4de083)
LOCAL 0x77287d68 found no matching handle
Could not start download: No such file or directory (http://ipxe.org/2d4de08e)

I have tried several other syntax items using the iPXE shell.

Also - looking at other post, it does not appear I can pass the "script" with the chainloader command.

I am looking to see if from within a iPXE script, I can invoke another script, which is located at the same location as the ipxe.efi is located.

Note: my ISO is a virtual mounted iso, via iLO.

Hope to get a pointer/hint on what I am doing wrong, or other possible method. Re-compiling the second script into the ipxe.efi is not a viable option for me.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loading ipxe.efi with a custom script - kd4 - 2018-08-01 20:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)