Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rom-o-matic PXE_STACK + keep IP address
2017-01-05, 07:24 (This post was last modified: 2017-01-05 08:38 by ndog.)
rom-o-matic PXE_STACK + keep IP address
thanks for the great work with updating rom-o-matic to ipxe, I did not know had been updated, last time I checked it was still gpxe, great! I was able to build some .efi test files which work great, and is very convenient than compiling it manually with changing options in vim or nano etc

It appears that ticking the PXE_STACK option with EFI PXE bootstrap 64-bit .efi results in a debug crash everytime, however I don't know if this option is necessary for what I want to achieve.

I want to be able to embed a script which keeps the IP address and loads menu.ipxe via tftp or http

I used this option in the past with success

make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi EMBED=ipxe.txt

ipxe.txt
Code:
#!ipxe
echo
echo == iPXE menu.ipxe from tftpd ==
echo

# Boot
dhcp
set boot-dir boot/
set menu-url ${boot-url}menu.ipxe
chain --replace --autofree ${menu-url}

however I would like to be able to drop the dhcp option to save a bit of time, I know this is possible as it worked in the past but everytime I compile without dhcp and various different options I keep getting error http://ipxe.org/3c092083
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-06, 10:04
RE: rom-o-matic PXE_STACK + keep IP address
Since issues have been reported here with rom-o-matic i want to start of with: If there is any issues with rom-o-matic report it directly to rom-o-matic on their github page.

> It appears that ticking the PXE_STACK option with EFI PXE bootstrap 64-bit .efi results in a debug crash everytime,
Yes that makes sense, since PXE is pcbios specific, and won't build for efi.

you can use ifopen instead which will use any cached dhcp packet - however that is AFAIK not supported (yet) in efi builds.

you can switch to doing a ifopen and then check for ip and if ip is not set run dhcp

Use GitHub Discussions
VRAM bin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)