The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 807 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 807 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPXE - lkrn - No more network devices with Realtek rtl8192cu
2019-09-13, 12:29
iPXE - lkrn - No more network devices with Realtek rtl8192cu
Because I use the new computer to do my things, I have decided to test iPXE on my old PC (KT4AV MS-6712, AMD Athlon XP 1500+) which has the Realtek 8192CU chipset inside my USB D-Link DWA-121 WiFi dongle to see if it can boot networked.

Because it currently has Lubuntu 19.10 installed, I built it from source following the official iPXE website build instructions. After the build has finished, I made a new GRUB menu entry which involves booting to iPXE in order to test WiFi PXE there.

The problem is when I go to iPXE, it loads to
Code:
No more network devices
and then exits the whole program to
Code:
Boot Failure from the previous media
, and when I press any key, it goes back to GRUB.

I have checked the source code for it, and saw that there are drivers for WiFi RTL818x, RTL8180, and RTL8185, but there are neither RTL8188CUS nor RTL8192CU, which suggests that I either have to wait for developers to make a driver suitable for my chipset, or I will have to fork the driver from the Linux one.

Did anyone manage to get it to work on my chipset and tell me how? Or do I have to make an appropriate driver or wait for it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
iPXE - lkrn - No more network devices with Realtek rtl8192cu - EoflaOE - 2019-09-13 12:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)