Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling LACP entity
2011-10-26, 17:24
Disabling LACP entity
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to disable the LACP entity within iPXE so that it no longer sends LACP packets actively or responds to LACP packets it might receive passively. I want it as if iPXE had no idea what LACP was and completely ignored it.

I was looking in ethernet.c, is it as simple as removing the lines at the bottom:

/* Drag in Ethernet slow protocols */
REQUIRE_OBJECT ( eth_slow );

so that eth_slow isn't dragged in?

The reason I ask is I'm troubleshooting a switch problem with regard to LACP and I want to eliminate iPXE as a problem.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-10-26, 17:30
RE: Disabling LACP entity
(2011-10-26 17:24)electronsrock Wrote:  I'm looking for a way to disable the LACP entity within iPXE so that it no longer sends LACP packets actively or responds to LACP packets it might receive passively. I want it as if iPXE had no idea what LACP was and completely ignored it.

I was looking in ethernet.c, is it as simple as removing the lines at the bottom:

/* Drag in Ethernet slow protocols */
REQUIRE_OBJECT ( eth_slow );

so that eth_slow isn't dragged in?

The reason I ask is I'm troubleshooting a switch problem with regard to LACP and I want to eliminate iPXE as a problem.

Yes, removing that REQUIRE_OBJECT() line will remove LACP support.

iPXE will never actively send LACP packets; it is only capable of sending LACP packets as responses to packets sent by the switch.

Michael
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)